Ok, I called the Pump guy........

Users who are viewing this thread

Jasondelane

Reaction score
......and he adjusted the backpressure adjustment on the pump. He says I'm getting 1-2 GPM max. Adjust the backpressure up or down and I get no flow. He says the well is just not providing enough water to allow the pump to do its thing.

He also said that the only real option I have now is to have a new well drilled. He says that the drillers may not have drilled the casing deep enough to allow me to push the jet deeper, and if I try, I may lose the whole assembly when it goes through the bottom of the casing. He said there may or may not be a screen. He also says that if the screen is clogged, the only way to clean it is with acid, and he doesn't know the health effects of trying that.

So what do you guys think? Save up a few months to get a new well drilled, or try something in the meantime?

Reach4

Reaction score
I think that in the future it would be clearer if you would follow up on one of your existing threads rather than making a new thread each time.

You might check if a neighbor would let you connect a hose from house to house to provide some water while you try things that might mess up the well that you have, but might be able to get the old well working again cheaply. If you drill a new well, the old one will need to be properly sealed (abandoned).

I think that if you get a new well you would do well to get a 5 inch casing with a "4 inch" submersible pump. Submersibles seem to be more reliable and for sure they are quieter. A 4 inch PVC casing would also work. A "4 inch" is a little under 4 inches, and can go into and out of a clean 4 inch casing.

If it freezes there sometimes, you might adjust the installation accordingly.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
This advise is from a guy who used to drill wells.

I'd abandon that set up and drill either a 4 or 6" well and install a conventional 4" submersible pump. Better flow, better pressure, more efficient, much quieter and makes the house resale easier.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks