Installing Handheld Bidet

Users who are viewing this thread

beluga

Reaction score
Hi there -

I guess my question is mostly component related and this should be easy to put together once I have the right stuff / valves, etc.

I want to install a handheld bidet and feed it from the sink water supply pipes next to the toilet (the toilet has no tank but is connected to a thick high pressure pipe - don't think I can use that and there is no space for a seat bidet).

The sink setup is this:
- 3/8 hot and cold water pipes
- 3/8 to 1/4 angle valves
- Braided faucet connectors
- Two-handle faucet

I'd like to split off bidet water supply from this setup and be able to mix hot/cold (mixing can be set and forget - or maybe it's fine to just join and have it mix 50/50). Ideally this setup will be compact and not too frankenstein as it's visible and out in the open.
Some ideas are maybe replacing the angle valves with 3-way ones, but it would probably look best if the split would be higher up just beneath the faucet so it is out of sight. I am just not sure what sort of valves and components are available to purchase and it's hard to search for stuff you don't know.

Thanks a lot! :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF you do what you say you want to, you will be creating an "open" cross-connection between the hot and cold lines, and THAT can, or will, create all kinds of problems in your system. To do it properly, you would need a faucet with integral check valves and connect the bidet to its spout, which would be very expensive and cumbersome.

kohler-bidet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

beluga

Reaction score
Good point about cross-connection... Will have to think about this some more. Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
I suspect you could use a tempering valve to create the temperature that you want, if they can be adjusted to a low enough temperature. Check your messages.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks