1.28 gpf Drake II vs. 1.6 gpf Drake

Users who are viewing this thread

newowner

Homeowner
Reaction score
We have (2) 1.6 gpf Drakes and (1) 1.6 gpf American Standard unknown model. The American Standard toilet is a round bowl and actually rarely clogs but I was considering replacing it because we are remodeling that bathroom and I thought it would be nice to have an elongated toilet. Plus it has this annoying discolored line about 4" long at the water line that I can't seem to remove. It makes it seem like I always have a slightly dirty toilet.

It seems wasteful to replace a perfectly good toilet, but if I do, can the 1.28 gpf Drake II actually perform as well as the 1.6 gpf Drakes? I know many of you say you have never clogged a Toto, but my son does occasionally clog our 1.6 gpf Drakes so I am concerned about the 1.28 gpf. He does not have a medical condition; he just sometimes goes a lot. Also, which one has a louder sounding flush? I don't want anything louder than the 1.6 gpf Drake.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 1.28 Drake II works great.
If you hold the handle down on any of theses instead of push and release, then you can drain the tank at 2.5 gallons.
And yes, if your son plugs toilets, then pretty much anything out there will be the same for him. That's what a plunger is for. teach him. :)
Maybe he will learn to pre-flush before he starts adding paper.

The II series has CEFIONTECT which tends to be easier to keep clean. I use a liquid cleaner at least once a week to keep the water staining at bay.

newowner

Homeowner
Reaction score
The 1.28 Drake II works great.
If you hold the handle down on any of theses instead of push and release, then you can drain the tank at 2.5 gallons.
And yes, if your son plugs toilets, then pretty much anything out there will be the same for him. That's what a plunger is for. teach him. :)
Maybe he will learn to pre-flush before he starts adding paper.

The II series has CEFIONTECT which tends to be easier to keep clean. I use a liquid cleaner at least once a week to keep the water staining at bay.
Unfortunately my son has managed to clog the toilet even on pre-flushes! When he is older he is definitely learning to plunge. Is the flush louder with the double-cyclone technology of the Drake II? My current Drakes have the CEFIONTECT, so I do want that in any new Toto.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks