My New Toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

SamC

Reaction score
Thanks much for the effort. So it sounds like the rim flapper opens before and closes after the priming jet flapper, using more water for the rim wash, than for the priming jet.

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
I have to add, too, that the Vormax includes literally everything needed to install, except for a screwdriver to tighten the seat. If you need one, it does not include a supply line and some have "complained" that the included wax seal is insufficient for their particular installation. As I noted before, I don't like wax so I use the Sani Seal. This was particularly helpful when I installed my Champion 4 because that 120 lb. one-piece b*tch did not set without a fight. Had I been using wax, I probably would have needed 3 or 4 extra to have on standby. Korky and Fluidmaster also make good no-wax seals. The best part is the absence of the waxy mess and the fact that you can adjust or remove and replace the toilet and reuse the seal.

Fluidmaster 7530
Fluidmaster 7530.jpg
Korky 6000PK
Korky 6000PK.jpg
Sani Seal BL01
Sani Seal.jpg

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
Would that be the AquaSource with the nicely curved trapway, or the AquaSource with the right-angle Kohler-like trapway?

I would never, ever, try flushing down a whole roll of toilet paper in any toilet. But, then again, I don't do dual ply paper, preferring Scott Towel 100 sheet single ply.

Good to know that the American Standard Vormax Optum is getting good reviews. Maybe AS can turn it around. Competition is good since it increases choice.
I'm not too sure about brand comparison in re the trapway, but my AquaSource does not have the "choke point" at the bottom. Where the trapway reaches the base, there's a straight shot over to where it dumps into the drain line.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
That AquaSource has the Kohler "L".

Here's an Aqua Source with a "more" flowing trapway:
891347002464lg.jpg

jimmyt

Reaction score
hj - what are you currently installing that you are happy with. I have been looking at the totos, but want to know what other toilets professionals have good luck with!

Toto has a good PR department. I have only installed about a half dozen of them. I have other brands I use which seem to outperform the Toto for a lot less money.

newowner

Homeowner
Reaction score
hj, I second jimmyt in asking what are the toilets that you think outperform the Totos for lower prices? I may be in the market for a new toilet. I have two 1.6 gpf Drakes that I am happy with overall, but I like to keep an open mind. Unlike some other posters, I have had to occasionally plunge the Drakes. They are a big improvement over what I had before, however.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks