Ordered a Toto Eco Drake

Users who are viewing this thread

Wallijonn

Reaction score
I'm putting this Toto in a small bathroom so there's not much room to attach the tank with the bowl in place.

Up to code?

Exactly how small? Maybe the Drake II would be a better look/fit.

I'd be afraid that as I'm lowering the toilet my upper body would lean against the tank and crack it, or that I would be tempted to use the tank as leverage, again possibly leading to a crack.

itsr-ent

Reaction score
I installed it last night. No issues installing it with the tank already attached. My rough opening really was very close to 12", it's just that the last plumber put the bolts WAY to the back of the flange. The flange was a nice bronze one just like I thought, in excellent condition. Sani seal seemed to work well (had to put it upside down for 3" flange).

Toilet works great so far, definitely uses MUCH less water than the old 3.5+ one it replaced!

As far as the question for being up to code...probably not for clearance on either side, but I've never heard of someone rearranging their bathroom sink/plumbing in order to meet codes when just replacing an existing toilet.

Thanks for all the help!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The code issue can come into play when you remodel the room...and, even then, depending on the amount of work done, it may not be an issue. That's often up to the interpretation of the local inspector. I've not heard of issues with just a toilet swap, but then, most people don't get a building permit for one in the first place, and not all places require one, either.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks