Resource icon

Removing Salt Clog from Water Softener

Users who are viewing this thread

GarytheWaterGuy

Reaction score
GarytheWaterGuy submitted a new resource:

Removing Salt Clog from Water Softener - How to Remove a Salt Clog from Your Water Softener

With the pure salt pellets most of us are now using for our water softeners we have noticed a new problem that occurs fairly often. When the salt gets wet often without being used up the salt begins to bind together. Over time the salt forms a solid mass at the bottom of the salt tank which stops water from flowing into or out of the salt tank. The softener stops softening water and stops using salt to make brine. Without brine, the resin bed does not regenerate and you will have hard water....

Read more about this resource...

Keith Frank

Reaction score
Hey! Thanks for the post, seems like a piece of cake when you describe the process. Yet, whenever I am struggling with my water softener, something always goes sideways...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks