How does a DLFC or BLFC button work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
I am suspecting that the Fleck softener flow control buttons are a single piece of rubber contoured to cause turbulence when the flow goes higher, and thus reduce the flow toward the desired rate. This would be different than the Neoperl aerators which has a rubber ring that expands with flow to reduce the flow.

Here is a sketch of a guess of the cross section for discussion. Roughly right idea? Which way would the flow be, and which side would molded-in numbers be?
pix_3.png

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks! On https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?posts/365001/ the graphic is clearer. I somehow missed that thread on my searches.
index.php
It looks as if the mount contours play a big part. I presume the numbers should go on the left toward the incoming water to keep the raised numbers from interfering with the mating of the rubber with the seat contour.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks