Toe kick heater and flooring choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Chuck B

sea-bee
Reaction score
I intend to install or 240 V 1000 W cadet toe kick heater under a cabinet in my cottage kitchen.
This unit has built-in overheat protection and will shut down if it does overheat.
I am wondering about the pros and cons safety-wise whether using no-wax vinyl flooring or short nap carpet is safer in the area where the heater is installed. Any experience with this guys? Thanks.

ActionDave

Electrician
Reaction score
The heating element is back inside the unit so the only thing coming out the front is warm air.
Are there any restrictions or suggestions in the paperwork that came with the heater?

Chuck B

sea-bee
Reaction score
The heating element is back inside the unit so the only thing coming out the front is warm air.
Are there any restrictions or suggestions in the paperwork that came with the heater?
Just not to restrict the grill openings. Would prefer short nap carpet in the kitchen. Says no drapes, pillows, clothing against it. (Bedroom
Oriented). It did say that it could discolor some no wax vinyl if flooring not rated for over 110 degrees. Just hope that carpet would not burn. Thanks Dave! Chuck

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I cannot imagine anyone using a "short nap carpet" in a KITCHEN. Usually one would use a "no nap" indoor/outdoor carpet for ease of cleaning spills, etc.

Chuck B

sea-bee
Reaction score
I cannot imagine anyone using a "short nap carpet" in a KITCHEN. Usually one would use a "no nap" indoor/outdoor carpet for ease of cleaning spills, etc.

The carpet is a stain resistant commercial, 36 oz. level nap, verrrry dense tight pile, and only 1/4" high. Doing entire 670 sq. ft. lakeside cottage in it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks