Grohe Lady Lux Kitchen Faucet Removal

Users who are viewing this thread

ccorde

Reaction score
Hello - I am working on my first plumbing project and trying to start with something simple, however I am having a hard time figuring out how to remove my old kitchen faucet. Its a single handle faucet with everything coming through one hole in the sink - however I do not see a mounting nut that is easily removed. There is a mounting washer threaded around a bolt (I think), however I cannot remove that since other supply lines are in the way. The only other thing that appears to be removable is the plastic nut connected to the basin (which doesn't easily turn). Does anyone know the process to remove this faucet? Pics attached.

Attachments

• 2015-03-05 20.06.26.jpg
    2015-03-05 20.06.26.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 12,513
  • 2015-03-05 20.01.00.jpg
    2015-03-05 20.01.00.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 7,112
  • 2015-03-05 20.00.49.jpg
    2015-03-05 20.00.49.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 4,725
Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That brsss thing in the middle of the three lines is probably what is holding it. You need a 7/16". 1/2"., or 9/16', socket and extension, or it may have a screwdriver slot in the end so you can unscrew it with one of those. But first look inside it because there may be a threaded "plug" to lock it in place. If so, remove that first with your screwdriver.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Lift the spout up and loosen it from the top. The top bend lifts off. When that is lifted off, you have a spot for a wrench.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On mine, there's a screw holding that c-shaped clip in place on the bottom. Grohe has instructions on many of their faucets on their website.

ccorde

Reaction score
Lift the spout up and loosen it from the top. The top bend lifts off. When that is lifted off, you have a spot for a wrench.

Thanks so much! That worked great. New faucet just got installed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chefwong

Reaction score
ccorde -

What did you end up replacing it with ?
A good majority of our faucets are Grohe. The Kitchen - ladylux as well, seems to be the *smoothest operating* out of them. I wish they had a ~lock~ on the spray pattern,.

q8werty

Reaction score
Thank you pulling off the stem worked great.
I also got a response from Grohe that shows the same thing.

Attachments

• Lady Lux Mounting.pdf
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,813
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks