Double Cyclone in a non-universal height Toto?

Users who are viewing this thread

Derek87

Reaction score
it seems (based on my admitted very limited knowledge and reading) that most Toto's these days are coming in Universal Height. that works for most folks, but with a toddler at home who will hopefully soon be potty trained and a wife who is 5 ft tall, i'm wondering what our options are beyond the Universal Height models if we want a really good flush with double cyclone.

we recently replaced one of our builder toilets with a Ultramax II which so far has been great (no clogging in 4+ weeks whereas i'm sure the old one would have clogged 2-3 times during that span). only real complaint is the seat is a bit high for my wife. we have two other toilets to replace in the coming year or so and i was wondering if there were alternatives to the Ultramax (same performance would be great...just a more "standard height" (maybe 15" vs 16 1/8" for the Universal height Totos)?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
All of the II series is comfort height.
They do have the standard height Ultramax in the 854 series and the standard Drake in the 744 series
A standard height Ultramax with CEFIONTECT would be MS854114EG and the standard height Drake would be CST744EG

Derek87

Reaction score
All of the II series is comfort height.
They do have the standard height Ultramax in the 854 series and the standard Drake in the 744 series
A standard height Ultramax with CEFIONTECT would be MS854114EG and the standard height Drake would be CST744EG

thanks, Terry.

these two options don't have the double cyclone, though, right? i really have come to appreciate the simplicity of the double cyclone and the lack of tiny holes to get clogged in time by mineral deposits.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yes, those older models don't have the double cyclone rinse.
I've wondered whether there is a market now for a foot lift that could sit near a toilet.
Yesterday I had a caller that wanted a 22" high bowl. They don't make those. She had called a place and their 22" toilet was to the top of the tank, not the bowl height.
In some countries, they make a squat toilet. Not bowl at all, but a place to put your feet over a pit. I'm thinking a foot rest would be better.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
... with a toddler at home who will hopefully soon be potty trained and a wife who is 5 ft tall, I'm wondering what our options are beyond the Universal Height models if we want a really good flush with double cyclone.

Guess you won't be able to have a cyclone flush. Just install a regular height toilet, like a Drake. The 1.28gpf works fine but you may want a 1.6gpf to ensure the most flushing power. Then install a plastic Kohler seat, which is no more than 3/4" thick. That should put the top of the toilet seat at about 15.0". Because of the wife you may want to go with a round bowl since some women complain that there is front splash with the/an elongated bowl. Since it's also for the toddler you will probably want it in the hallway or second bathroom, keeping the ADA height elongated dual cyclone for the master bedroom.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks