Help finding Moen tool

Users who are viewing this thread

beater

Reaction score
I need to remove a diverter from what I think is a Moen (not sure) faucet. I found a picture of the tool I need on a video but I can not find where to get this tool after days of searching the internet. Does anyone know the name of this tool or where to find it? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

beater

Reaction score
Thanks hj. I tried that but it doesn't work without that hole in the middle of the tool being there because the center of the diverter has piece that sticks out. I will see if I can find a pic.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If that is from a Roman tub faucet, then you probably need part #101952 which comes with that tool. Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN and they should send you it, if it is actually a MOEN faucet. How about a picture of the faucet itself.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If it is Moen, there will be a tag on the hot water line under the sink with the make and model. If so what is it, since that does not look like a Moen faucet.

beater

Reaction score
No tag. The cartridge was an exact fit for a moen. That's the only reason I thought it was Moen.
Thanks hj, much appreciated
I think at this point I'll just tell my girlfriend she needs to pick out a new faucet.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Which cartridge was that? What is wrong with the faucet? Normally, if a Moen cartridge fits a faucet it is a Moen faucet, but I cannot find any that look like that one, and the only one that comes close has the diverter under the sink "hanging" from the hoses.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
My parts book may not have your faucet in it, or that cartridge is somewhat generic so it may not be Moen. The only Moen faucet in my book that uses the 4000 core does not have a side sprayer so it doesn't need a diverter. IF you can find the model number, and I went through the entire Moen catalog and did not find one that looked like it, they would send you the diverter and tool.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks