Water Heater ???

Users who are viewing this thread

C@TCH

Reaction score
This is in my mothers condo, To me it looks like there's way to many lines coming out of it.
Do I just not understand how this works, can someone explain or is it not set up right.
Condo has:
Kitchen sink
Dishwasher
Bathroom sink and tub
Bathroom 2 sinks bathtub and stand up shower
That's 8 hot water points

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 210

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I count SEVEN hot water connections and that is the number on the tempered hot mainfold. You also have two "untempered" hot lines going somewhere. It looks correct to me.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
What about toilets and a washing machine?

The two lines off the hot might be going to a dish washer and maybe a clothes washing machine. The warm water would be going to sinks and tub/showers. The cold would be going to toilets, sinks, tub/showers and clothes washer.

C@TCH

Reaction score
What about toilets and a washing machine?

The two lines off the hot might be going to a dish washer and maybe a clothes washing machine. The warm water would be going to sinks and tub/showers. The cold would be going to toilets, sinks, tub/showers and clothes washer.

There is a washing machine, guess what confuses me is hot water line and cold are mixed in same pipe.
I'm used to 1 cold going in and 1 hot coming out and from there goes down floor joists and gets branched out.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; What about toilets and a washing machine?

The original question was about the water heater which has nothing to do with the toilets and the WM is either the seventh connecton or one of the two "untempered" hot lines. The cold manifold has 8 connections so the extra one is probably the toilet. The "mixing/tempering" valve may be confusing you. It reduces the hot water temperature out of the water heater going to the faucets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks