Shower/Tub Diverter Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

imijj

Reaction score
Hi, I recently moved into a new place and I've run into a weird problem with one of my showers. It's a standard tub/shower. It's a push/pull diverter that sits on top of the tub faucet. I hadn't even tried to run a bath until recently, and I found that the diverter will not budge. It almost seems like it's just decoration, but after fooling around with it for a while I noticed it started to leak a little water. Just a drop every second or two. I think it's still doing it now, actually. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe it's stuck in place, but not quite closed so it's still letting a little water through?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Edit: Something else - I notice that when I get close to the faucet I can kind of hear some kind of water. Depending on what direction I leave the knob in when it's in the off position the sound gets louder or softer. Like it's never getting fully shut off and I'm getting a small slow drip out of the shower head and the tub faucet.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes. Get a new diverter. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/replacing-tub-spout-dumb-question.58075/#post-428311

If the spout drips even after you have not used the shower for a couple hours, replace the seats and washers if you have an older setup, or put in a new cartridge if it has that. You might be able to get a free cartridge if you call the maker. If not, take the old cartridge to the plumbing place and get a new cartridge.

I once went to a store to buy a cartridge for a kitchen sink. They did not have one. Then the shop person suggested replacing 2 O-rings, which he had. So the repair was fine and a lot cheaper than if they had had the cartridge in stock.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks