New home, want to replace tub fixture

Users who are viewing this thread

Trdmatrix88

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm new to DIY and recently moved into my new home. The crystal ball over this piece seems like it was a generic replacement not meant for this specific model, and doesn't accurately control it and spins all around.

Could you provide some insight aso what faucet this is? Also the eustachen is affixed with a plastic plate behind it in which the screws going into the plastic plate and not on the valve, should this be of concern?

Attachments

• 20150222_122754.jpg
    20150222_122754.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 197

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I would suspect it is a Valley faucet.If so, the repairs do not need access behind the plate. You probably need a seat/spring/insert kit and a new control mechanism, all available at a Big Box store. The "real" handle for it would be teardrop shaped and fasten to the stem without that square thing.

Trdmatrix88

Reaction score
Maybe this better picture can provide more insight?

Attachments

• 20150329_093303.jpg
    20150329_093303.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 160

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think you need to pull out the center part and get a picture of that. I can't place what that is.
It's kind of similar to the old Delta.
Make sure your water is off.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
How about a picture of the big ring, the retainer cap, AND the handle? If the water were not ALREADY off, the parts would be lying in the bottom of the tub while the water was pouring out of the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks