How would you treat this well water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A friend of mine asked me to post this and seek some suggestions on the best way to treat his well water based on the attached lab report. Would be very glad to see what those in the business think would be good, reliable options.

Attachments

• Joe's water test.pdf
    30.1 KB · Views: 270

Reach4

Reaction score
Any symptoms or smells? I presume the 0.013 ppm of arsenic is the major concern. A water softener would seem useful too.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Softener for whole house, removal of arsenic at that level is probably not necessary for the whole house unless your friend simply wants to spend a lot of money. An RO for the drinking water/refrigerator would reduce the arsenic down to acceptable levels.

So like everyone else has said, ... Softener/RO

JDel

Reaction score
I am the friend who asked jadnashua to post. Thanks all for your responses, though I was hoping to avoid RO. Any recommendations on best whole house softener and point of use RO?

Reach4

Reaction score
To start, for softener size, see http://www.qualitywaterassociates.com/softeners/sizingchart.htm Continue through the calculator on the page linked to at the bottom.

For the RO, get one with a permeate pump. You may or may not need a booster pump. I don't have specific recommendations. You can search for RO permeate in the search box at the top. The unit can go under the sink, or it can go in the basement below the sink. A bigger pressure tank is good because the production of water is slow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks