Peerless single handle kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Charles2

Reaction score
This faucet was installed about 10 years ago, and is probably the cheapest one they made. It's dripping, so I wanted to replace these seats and springs: https://www.deltafaucet.com/parts/product/RP4993.html . I stuck a 1/8" allen wrench in the index hole, but the wrench deformed before the screw turned. So I put a 1/8" hex bit in my impact driver and tried that, but the screw and/or bit just stripped out. So now I'm stuck. Is there a way forward, or am I going to have to replace the entire faucet?

rp4993.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
At the very least you will have to cut the handle off. But first call 1-800-345-DELT and see if they warranty the faucet and if so, did it have a lifetime warranty. If so, they will probably send you a new faucet. They, meaning Delta, manufactured the faucet so if that division cannot help you they should be able to forward you to the proper place.

Charles2

Reaction score
Delta wants me to drill out the screw, then they will replace the screw, handle and ball assembly. What diameter and type of bit should I use?

Charles2

Reaction score
Any special type of bit? And what effect would a torch have had on the chrome finish, if any?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
No effect on the chrome, unless you heat it read hot. The screw should not be hardened since the wrench stripped it so just an ordinary twist drill should do it. But, since they are replacing the handle, I would just saw the handle off below the screw.

Charles2

Reaction score
I'm surprised neither you nor Delta recommended a screw extractor. Do you not find them helpful?

Charles2

Reaction score
It looks like the screw extractor is made of a stronger metal, and its shank is certainly thicker.

Charles2

Reaction score
Hey, here's an unrelated question: If an acidic toilet bowl cleaner gets splashed on a chrome finish, is there any way to restore the finish?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks