Basement Laundry Room Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Construction_Zone

Reaction score
Hello everyone. So I have moved onto the basement projects and the first order of business is the laundry room. I have done my research and I think I have the right idea, I have reviewed other setups posted on this forum like:

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....e-utility-sink-drain-setup-need-advice.44657/

I just wanted a sanity check of my layout. Any comments/critiques appreciated.

Note that the vent will tie in to a bathroom group on a separate floor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 827

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
We would be required to install an ejector pump for both fixtures. Here, the washer standpipe must be between 18 & 36" long, and the height and of the standpipe may not exceed 48" above the floor.

Reach4

Reaction score
I just wanted a sanity check of my layout. Any comments/critiques appreciated.

Your laundry sink trap arm needs to be vented. As it is, you show an S trap. A separate vent pipe that is at least 6 inches above the rim of the sink before it joins the other vent pipe is probably OK, but I only know what I read. I don't know if there is a shortcut that would be OK.

Construction_Zone

Reaction score
cacher_chick said:
the height and of the standpipe may not exceed 48" above the floor.
Thanks I forgot to mention that I will be installing a 2' high pedestal (since I have front loader machines). I really wouldn't want to empty the washer into the sink because it is just another opportunity for failure. Does platform height get factored into the height of the standpipe?

Reach said:
Your laundry sink trap arm needs to be vented. As it is, you show an S trap.
I think I see what you mean, I edited the drawing to have the sink trap arm empty into the side of the pump box. The box itself is vented and that should be equivalent to a sani-tee connection. Wouldn't you agree?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 940

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The code makes no consideration for the height of the machine, only the height of the standpipe or trap in relation to the floor. It would be a judgment call for the inspector.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks