AS replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Stanworth

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an old American Standard push-pull style faucet (model #0061) that is on its last legs. What would be the easiest faucet with which to replace it?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Moen Posi-Temp is maybe the smallest body for replacement. And they also make a remodel plate for it in you need to open up the wall some.

Chris Stanworth

Reaction score
Moen Posi-Temp is maybe the smallest body for replacement. And they also make a remodel plate for it in you need to open up the wall some.
Thank you very much! I will look into it.
Moen Posi-Temp is maybe the smallest body for replacement. And they also make a remodel plate for it in you need to open up the wall some.[/QUOTWill this require additional plumbing or can it bolt on to the existing in plumbing?

Chris Stanworth

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, would you recommend calling a licensed plumber for this project or could a "shade tree" plumber like myself be able to handle it?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
We have absolutely NO IDEA what your abilities are, but it is not a task for a "first time" DIYer. Once you start it, you either finish it through the opening or tear the wall open, so you should have a good idea of how you are going to do it before you start. Moen makes four faucets with a "extended" wall trim which acts as a "remodel plate". L2368EP, L2369Ep, TL2368EP, and TL2369EP. The first two are a shower and tub/shower Positemp. The last two are Chateau models which although they are not pressure balanced are smaller bodies.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks