Kohler K-899-G Undermount Tub Installation: Template(s) 892 899

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
The saga continues.

So after a long wait the plumber finally hooked up the tub filler and hand held an the electrians the power for the tub. So being the guy I am - I decide to TEST IT. Not with a long bath but just with some dry runs.

Three times the tub gets filled and drained. Then I fill it again and try the bubbles. Guess what? NO BUBBLES

#%^& !!!!

Lets say I listened to the homeowner and had the stone installer back a couple weeks ago. Lets pretend that all that work was done. Lets say the tub never got checked and the glass goes in, grout - everything. Who pays for the mistake?

Maybe the problem stemmed from the tub being filled with water over a year ago, with no power supply at the time. And then drained. Then left for over a year while the home is worked on and then finally checked by me.... My favourite part of this ordeal is that the access panel location is blocked by the steam shower bench. I hope Kohler has a really small repair man.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
LOL - what a shit show.

So the electrician comes in and he is pissed off. He pulls out his tester checks the power and says "Yup, you got 120 volts here".

Then he goes and starts the bubbles. And they come on! hahah

I was pissing myself inside laughing. I tried and tried and tried.

He then says to me. "Did anyone think to try pushing the power button?"

lol what a douche bag!

I wanted to say "There is a power button?" but clearly he was not in a good mood.... And I was thrilled that I can keep tiling the tub deck.

The secret we learned later for this Kohler tub was to press and hold the button not press quickly with your big sausage finger. When the owner came by - I told her the electrical was a genus and he fixed it. Told her the secret was to use the "Power Button" - snuck that line in with in ear shot of the electrician.... so so funny.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks