Humming from Hot Water Line - Kitchen Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Cory O

Reaction score
We have a humming faucet in the kitchen, the only fixture in the house this happens for (it only happens on the hot-water side). It's an old house and an old fixture, and over time the humming gets worse and worse until it seems to be rattling the pipes under the house. We just flushed the water system by turning off the main and opening all faucets - this helped a lot (made the humming sound go from under the house somewhere to definitely the faucet or in the wall directly behind).

However, it's still not fixed and driving us crazy when trying to do dishes. I've attached some videos. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Assume it's something about the faucet but before I buy a new one wanted to confirm. Check videos below:

https://vid.me/cwqu
https://vid.me/wpOy

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Have you tried changing the washers in that faucet? Make sure the shut off underneath is turned all the way on and see if that has an effect.

Cory O

Reaction score
Have you tried changing the washers in that faucet? Make sure the shut off underneath is turned all the way on and see if that has an effect.
My wife's father did that while I was away because the water was leaking slowly - we're not sure but there may not have been much of a problem before then. Could that be the cause? Could he have installed it wrong? Could the fixture just be old and need replacing?

Edit: appreciate the help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks