Control box and pump need help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
I hope that is not the only pump company in your area. That one obviously doesn't know what he is doing and doesn't care if you are happy with your water.

That is not obvious to me.

You seem to be presuming that OP told the pump person that he was doing irrigation and should size the pump accordingly. Certainly OP's early posts never mentioned irrigation.

OP still has not described what performance test that the existing pump does not meet. He says has has told "se". Are you "se"?

There was a communication failure. There may be an obsession.

tomtran

Reaction score
would I clear I may missing some thing on my post.

when I come to company, I meet the boss.

what do you need?

I say I had no water in my house, I had 1 1/2hp pump, all ready pull up on the ground

he say why too big do you had sprinkler system

I say no but I do had big garden(10 outlet ) used in the summer, I do had carwash machine 4gpm 35000 PSI (when this thing turn on sucking water a lot)2 bath rom 1 kitchen 1 whipoor
big water soft system .washer machine.
he say still too big for 1 1/2 he would go 3/4 hp as he told me
boss ask where my location .I give him address, I ask him how munch he say until job done sound is scare me
when they came to my house well man measurer the well he callback talk to the boss, and they design 1 hp pump I was there I told install same size pump i had well man say say don't need too I almost stop there job but I had no water .....I watch him do the job .new pump, 190 ft wire,6 new pipe 1 1/4 old one he break when he open plastic connection he chance all connection to stainless steel .2 check valve. But he do not install safety rope to pump I ask him why he say don't need to ..... he test water at the well I saw 30 psi when pump run he go to to the house he check pressure tank still had water not empty he told me he need change tank too but not right now I had water at that time the job star 11am done at 1.30 pm
the neat day I come to company I to meet the boss he not there I talk to he wife I told the boss put same size pump I had the boss text me you do not come here again your pressure is great, and well man come change tank ,do plumping re wire .I set pressure switch he try to increate pressure 40 star 75 stop
well man don't told me why pump go bag ,but finally I figure out my pressure tank when bad and I don't know pump keep working non stop to give water to used in the house and the old pump die ......thanks for guys reading my post and give me a lot thing too learn
please understand me I am not try too screw around with the well company .I thinking stay with 1hp pump they give and wait for the bill come up ......forgot about 1 1/2 pump{if I smart at first time go to store buy 1 hp pump and install my self because I can not find the pump same size I had to order online thanks again

tomtran

Reaction score

You seem to be presuming that OP told the pump person that he was doing irrigation and should size the pump accordingly. Certainly OP's early posts never mentioned irrigation.

OP still has not described what performance test that the existing pump does not meet. He says has has told "se". Are you "se"?
I tool she is secretary the boss not there ...I type wrong

tomtran

Reaction score

I told she ...she is secretary I type wrong

Reach4

Reaction score
Safety rope is a bad idea. There are many posts that point out that a safety rope is more likely to cause problems than to solve a problem.

You should change the pressure switch back to 40-60. (30-50 would be a good alternative, but you want a 20 PSI differential -- not 25)

You should set the air precharge pressure to 38 PSI with no water pressure (pump off, faucet open and no longer running water).

I don't know what could be wrong with your pressure tank if your pump takes well over a minute to shut off each time. But maybe the tank is bad, and I have misunderstood the behavior. The behavior that I think you described is that when the pump starts, and you stop using water, the pump runs for about another 2 minutes. Anything over 1 minute is considered good usually.

You still have not described some test you have performed that would indicate that your 1HP pump is not sufficient for a house and a garden hose. I am thinking that you are afraid that some future demand will need more water. All you have said is that you want 1.5 HP but have not given a reason other than you want 1.5 HP. You have said you told the pump guy to put in the 1.0 HP pump because it was available. If you wanted to not have 1 HP, you should have said you would wait. It sounds as if the pump guys provided an ideally sized pump for the situation you describe, but at some point became impolite when you continued making what seems like unwarranted demands.

You say "I almost stop there job but I had no water". You knew he was putting in a 1 HP pump. If you did not want that , you should have indeed said "stop".

tomtran

Reaction score
Safety rope is a bad idea. There are many posts that point out that a safety rope is more likely to cause problems than to solve a problem.

You should change the pressure switch back to 40-60. (30-50 would be a good alternative, but you want a 20 PSI differential -- not 25)

You should set the air precharge pressure to 38 PSI with no water pressure (pump off, faucet open and no longer running water).

I don't know what could be wrong with your pressure tank if your pump takes well over a minute to shut off each time. But maybe the tank is bad, and I have misunderstood the behavior. The behavior that I think you described is that when the pump starts, and you stop using water, the pump runs for about another 2 minutes. Anything over 1 minute is considered good usually.

You still have not described some test you have performed that would indicate that your 1HP pump is not sufficient for a house and a garden hose. I am thinking that you are afraid that some future demand will need more water. All you have said is that you want 1.5 HP but have not given a reason other than you want 1.5 HP. You have said you told the pump guy to put in the 1.0 HP pump because it was available. If you wanted to not have 1 HP, you should have said you would wait. It sounds as if the pump guys provided an ideally sized pump for the situation you describe, but at some point became impolite when you continued making what seems like unwarranted demands.

You say "I almost stop there job but I had no water". You knew he was putting in a 1 HP pump. If you did not want that , you should have indeed said "stop".

tomtran

Reaction score
I move on .I will reset like you say . I done quick test (like normal using water in the house the new pump build pressure slow and stop but if I go out side turn on my garden hose pump never stop ) and pressure start loss
I always show my polite when I talk to person. The boss in well company so mad

Last edited:

tomtran

Reaction score
I hope that is not the only pump company in your area. That one obviously doesn't know what he is doing and doesn't care if you are happy with your water. If you have not paid for the pump yet, find another pump company who will put in the 20 GPM, 1.5 HP that you want, and just take the 1HP pump back and leave it on the doorstep of the old pump company. He is not going to come help you when you need it next time anyway. Time to find a new pump company.
your sound right to me .most people tell me do like you said, the well company work on my well they said on the web The pump's horse power needs to be enough to do the job, but not oversized (resulting in an inefficient pump). that why they install smaller pump for me,they don't listen to me what I explain to them. but now I move on I control water when I use it, to help 1 hp pump handle the job .thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I say no but I do had big garden(10 outlet ) used in the summer

This would be unacceptable to me. Turn on the 10 outlets as if you were irrigating and show the pump man how low the pressure is.

But it sounds like this pump man does not listen to his customers. So again, I would find a new pump man. I know how intimidating gruff old pump men can be. They can intimidate me, and I can tell when they are full of crap. So I can just imagine how intimidating they can be to someone who doesn’t know anything about pumps, especially if English is not your first language.

I hate it when people say they want to move back to the city to get good pressure and so they don’t have to spend so much keeping their well pump working. It is your pump system. You can have as much pressure and flow as you want for a fraction of the price of city water. My guess is your water bill would be $300+ per month when irrigating with city water.

Your friends should want to visit your house because your pressure is so much better than city pressure. And with a little understanding that cycling on and off is what shortens the life of all pumps, using something like the CSV to eliminate cycling can make your pump system last a long, long time.

You will never be happy with low flow and low pressure. Do something about it before you pay the bill.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com

There was a communication failure.

It is very obvious to me. A good pump man would size the pump to the largest demand. He would know what questions to ask to get this information, like how many outlets run at the same time when irrigating? If there was a communication problem, I would ask them to show me how many outlets they run.

And if I found out that pressure had always been low with the 1.5HP pump, I would never go back with a smaller pump. I would have probably put in a 2HP. But then again, I know to put in as large a pump as the customer needs for irrigation, how to make it last a long time, and how to make it work like a small pump when that is all that is needed (CSV). Even pump guys who don’t know how to figure the right pump size usually go back with the exact same size pump as the one that came out.

This guy says he removed a thousand CSV’s. This is another obvious sign he doesn’t know what he is doing, as he has messed up at least a thousand other people’s water systems.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
This guy says he removed a thousand CSV’s. This is another obvious sign he doesn’t know what he is doing, as he has messed up at least a thousand other people’s water systems.
I think you misread what the OP wrote and they put in and took out a thousand pumps, not CSVs.

tomtran

Reaction score
I think you misread what the OP wrote and they put in and took out a thousand pumps, not CSVs.
I ask well man when he do his work
did you know the csv and how it work
he say we install thousand csv in and remove thousand csv out

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
If a pumpman said that to me, my BS meter would peg.
giphy.gif

tomtran

Reaction score
It is very obvious to me. A good pump man would size the pump to the largest demand. He would know what questions to ask to get this information, like how many outlets run at the same time when irrigating? If there was a communication problem, I would ask them to show me how many outlets they run.

And if I found out that pressure had always been low with the 1.5HP pump, I would never go back with a smaller pump. I would have probably put in a 2HP. But then again, I know to put in as large a pump as the customer needs for irrigation, how to make it last a long time, and how to make it work like a small pump when that is all that is needed (CSV). Even pump guys who don’t know how to figure the right pump size usually go back with the exact same size pump as the one that came out.

This would be unacceptable to me. Turn on the 10 outlets as if you were irrigating and show the pump man how low the pressure is.

But it sounds like this pump man does not listen to his customers. So again, I would find a new pump man. I know how intimidating gruff old pump men can be. They can intimidate me, and I can tell when they are full of crap. So I can just imagine how intimidating they can be to someone who doesn’t know anything about pumps, especially if English is not your first language.

I hate it when people say they want to move back to the city to get good pressure and so they don’t have to spend so much keeping their well pump working. It is your pump system. You can have as much pressure and flow as you want for a fraction of the price of city water. My guess is your water bill would be $300+ per month when irrigating with city water.

Your friends should want to visit your house because your pressure is so much better than city pressure. And with a little understanding that cycling on and off is what shortens the life of all pumps, using something like the CSV to eliminate cycling can make your pump system last a long, long time.

You will never be happy with low flow and low pressure. Do something about it before you pay the bill.
I what I did I told them install same size pump I had (16 gpm at time I test my old pump when I build water softener ) they did not listen
tomorrow I will look for different well company tell them go to my house ,and shown them how I use water in the house, and pump I had is right size or not before I move on ( don't hate me when I say I want move to city )when well cost me so much problem ,kid want bester internet connection.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Even with all your well has cost you, it is still much less expensive than irrigating with city water. The city water bills in my town are so high that many people in the city are having wells drilled in the front yard to irrigate with. I have been told a $300 a month water bill is reduced to about $20 worth of electricity when you have your own well.

I know the kids want faster Internet but, they are probably be better off living in the country. They just need to go outside and play like we did when we were kids.

tomtran

Reaction score
you are very good person ,thank for many post you explain to me.when I move in this house ,I did not know about well water ,deep well pump septic system,gas tank, water softeners system and more
3 week after move in I cut grass first time 5 hrs with 42 in cut tractor
after 2 month no water pump death
plain feel septic system block off
until now most any thing had been fix only beside well pump

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks