Reduced well yield

Users who are viewing this thread

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
We put in a Grundfos 115 volt 2 wire, 1/2-7

Russian Electrical Dynamo of Arutunoff or REDA built the first motor designed to operate underwater. We had a complete REDA pump from the 70's but my kid took it apart... I still have the motor, it has a fiberglass shell and was oil filled.

laynes69

Reaction score
So I pulled the lines today. I tool apart the ejector and cleaned everything, footvalve looked good, screen was a little plugged. I poured down some dry ice then bleached the well. I put everything back together, but took forever to prime. It's now primed, but will not hit over 30 psi, and the pump won't stop running. I just backed out the regulator screw and the pressure is rising, that a good thing?

laynes69

Reaction score
Well......the fitting coming off the regulator that supplies pressure to the switch was plugged badly. Hopefully this fixes things.

laynes69

Reaction score
I just wanted to give an update. It's been a few days, and I'm seeing improvement. Today, I've done 3 or 4 loads of laundry, ran the dishwasher, flushed the toilets numerous times and other things. We are maintaining water pressure, and we have not ran out. We have a family of 5 so we have a decent amount of water usage. I did notice today the water is a little cloudy with iron, but things are looking better. I told my wife I'm half tempted to try dry ice one more time, or try to descale the well. Even though things are looking better, should I still consider rehab? There was alot of junk pumped out after everything was back together.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm thinking that most of the heavy stuff is broken down and either settled to the bottom of the well or has been pumped out. Another treatment with dry ice and chlorine won't hurt anything, but be prepared to pull the lines again.

laynes69

Reaction score
The dry ice and bleach combo did something, but it foamed which I didn't think about. That's why I had a time trying to prime the system. So to avoid it this time, I though about doing both, but not at the same time. Maybe bleach to kill things further then dry ice to knock it loose. I'm 125 pounds, and I'm dreading pulling those lines again. I know bailing would be a good way to clean things out, but that's 1500 to 2000.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks