Picture of CSV installation - Setup isn't working properly what needs changing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
That doesn't look to be a 2 pipe jet pump in the pictures. I only see one pipe. I have never had trouble with jet pumps and bladder tanks. I would just set the pressure at 2 psi below cut off. The second the pump comes on it will have back pressure due to the CSV.

If it is a 2 pipe pump I would get rid of the CSV and install the proper regulator that holds a constant back pressure on the pump side. The CSV is doing the opposite, holding a constant pressure on the tank side.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
I looked at the picture again and now I'm really puzzled. Not only do I not see a 2nd pipe but I do not see the shallow jet adapter on the back of the pump. It looks to be connected like a straight centrifugal, in which case it will probably not function correctly. Is the pump drawing from a well or is it used like a booster?

Reach4

Reaction score
I looked at the picture again and now I'm really puzzled. Not only do I not see a 2nd pipe but I do not see the shallow jet adapter on the back of the pump. It looks to be connected like a straight centrifugal, in which case it will probably not function correctly. Is the pump drawing from a well or is it used like a booster?
I was thinking that the pipe I put the arrow on was part of this system. I have no experience with jet pumps, and there is a high probability that I misinterpreted.

Is there delay with a single-pipe jet pump compared with a submersible?

I think that we can agree that if there is still a pressure dip after setting the precharge, that a lower precharge would be in order.

Attachments

• pix_2.GIF
    pix_2.GIF
    61.7 KB · Views: 237

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I would need a better picture of the pump to be sure but it looks to me that there is a jet on the front of it.

Anyway, when it comes to measuring the air precharge, many folk don't factor that their air gauge doesn't read the same as their water gauge and what they think is a 2 PSI spread actually isn't. Then again, the switches are not exactly marvels of engineering excellence and can vary from one cycle to the next. There is no special place in Hell for having a little extra reserve. LOL

Boyblue

Reaction score
Exactly as Reach4 stated. A jet pump uses pressure to make more pressure and volume, so it needs the reserve in the tank to not nose-dive. 2 PSI below is OK for a sub but it could be shaved too close for a jet. Gauges are not that precise to begin with and neither is the pressure switch so that 2 PSI of reserve might not always be there.

I'll start by setti0ng the precharge to 38 psi, and report the results before I do anything else

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks