Well pressure tank question, please

Users who are viewing this thread

sae156

Reaction score
That is alarming. Rain should not cause sand to be stirred up in a deep well. Describe your well head. Do you have a pit, is your casing sticking out of the ground, or what?
We have a casing sticking out of the ground about 2 ft maybe?and it's on a slight hill so there shouldn't be any groundwater getting in.

From what I've read and talked to locals, after all the heavy rains, the aquifer fills up to a level higher than what it was at before the rains which causes the sediment to "fall" into the aquifer. so everybody with a well in this aquifer have the same issue. we're not talking alot of sand either. I only clean the faucets and washing machine out once a year. and the water is never cloudy or silty or anything like that either after or during the rains.

i hope i'm right about that. does it make sense to you? or do you think there is an underlying problem?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Test the water for bacteria now and if bacteria is present correct it. If it comes back after a heavy rain then there is an issue

Reach4

Reaction score
i hope i'm right about that. does it make sense to you? or do you think there is an underlying problem?

I guess that could make sense to me. How far down does your casing go? Could it be that the neighbors have well put in by the same driller that did not grout the wells, and they all leak ground water into the well. But the idea that the aquifer there is very different there makes sense too.

Craigpump's suggestion to check the water for coliform bacteria, particularly after some recent rain, is smart.

sae156

Reaction score
i have it tested every 2 or 3 years by a company out in Oregon. they send vials, you fill up and send back. never had any issues with bacteria or other contaminants.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Forget mail in bacteria tests, according to the labs I use, the bacteria has to be set within 24 hrs for accurate results....

I would bet that there is a local, state approved lab that can test your water, call your local health department to find out.

sae156

Reaction score
Forget mail in bacteria tests, according to the labs I use, the bacteria has to be set within 24 hrs for accurate results....

I would bet that there is a local, state approved lab that can test your water, call your local health department to find out.
you are correct about the 24hrs. even with overnite shipping, it's cheaper for me versus driving up to Denver.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks