Double sink in bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Mygene

Plumbers crack me up!
Reaction score
Hello. I need to replace my vanity top (for a vanity that is 60" wide, 21" deep). It is 30+ years old, and I was thinking of replacing it with a double sink top with the undermount sinks. Can I branch off the existing single hot/cold supply and central drain and install the two sink / tap combo? (assuming that I can work around the current placements)
Thanks.

Mygene

Plumbers crack me up!
Reaction score
I like to open the wall and move the piping there.
Thanks Terry. I would love to open the wall, but with this being an older home I am worried about what I can't see. I know the house is pre ABS (all vents and drains so far are copper or brass).

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I suppose you could treat it like a kitchen sink with a tee above the p-trap there and use tubular fittings to reach each bowl. I've never done that, but it's something a homeowner may do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks