Kenmore Water Softener white 1" Disk

Users who are viewing this thread

RRyder95

Reaction score
After many attempts by the service techs to repair my water softener. (They never got it to work) I pulled the head off and found a white 1" round plastic disk, about 1/6" thick between the head and tank screen. What is this disk? and where does it go?

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've been working on Kenmore softeners for 20+ years and have never seen a white disc in them. Is it possible to post a pic of it?

RRyder95

Reaction score
I've been working on Kenmore softeners for 20+ years and have never seen a white disc in them. Is it possible to post a pic of it?

Sorry This is the best photo I could get. The disk is about the size of a quarter. They replaced the head on this unit so I looked in the box at the old head and laying in the bottom of the box is another one of these disks.

Attachments

• White Disk.JPG
    White Disk.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 365

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have seen that white disc, it was part of a kit that a customer had from a rebuild of their unit.
I was never really sure where it was to go as I too had and have worked on sears units over the years.
But the part of that one part does make sense, why I do not know but then the engineers do some strange stuff that can under do an edit and the unit still works great.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Akpsdvan, that disc goes on the drain plunger and is the drain seal for the 1" valve. The 3/4 valve uses an o ring on the plunger.

RRyder95

Reaction score
Sooooo, I do not have all the years under my belt like you guy's and would have to read "Water Softener For Dummies" to figure it out. Did it need to be there or not. The unit does have a drain hose running to the drain. It just kept filling up and running out the over flow, no matter what the techs did. it kept doing it. Only after they gave up and put a new one in for me, did I pull the head off and find the Disk sitting in the screen in the top of the resin tank. Thanks

RRyder95

Reaction score
LOL yes I did. I have a 7 year old GE sitting right next to the Kenmore and never had any trouble with it. Techs told me they were all made by the same company, so what would it matter.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel bad for ragging on whirlpool, GE and kenmore but then I get over it. It's crap.

RRyder95

Reaction score
No need to feel bad Tom, I new it was Crap when I bought it. But its Cheap throw away Crap, and that was what I wanted. I tried buying the $2000.00 High End stuff, and its Crap also. I'd rather put the Cheap crap in and replace it every 5 years. :)

RRyder95

Reaction score
That's one I have not tried. When this Kenmore quits this time. I will give Clack a try, BUT! if it turns out to be Crap I'll blame you. LOL That way I don't have to take CRAP! from the wife for buying it. Of course I will take credit for it if it works well. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks