Stop Stem for old Sterling 025 Pressure Balance Mixing Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe1234

Reaction score
I have an old Sterling 025 Pressure Balance Mixing Valve that has a mechanically frozen stop valve on the hot water inlet to the main valve body. I believe it is a Sterling part # 00A1620 or 00A2085. I have not had any luck finding this part and was told by Kohler/Sterling it is discontinued. I was looking for any suggestions for places that might carry discontinued Sterling parts or any other ideas regarding repair.

Thanks,
Joe

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You have three choices here.

1. Search in every website you can find, every plumbing outlet, every plumbing store, etc. No guaranty that you'll find it.
2. Replace the faucet, since this model sounds old.
2. Call a plumber and ask him to fix it for you or replace the faucet for you.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If I had a nickel for every "integral stop" that actually worked after a few years, I might have twenty five cents. So if it is NOT closed, then I would not do anything with it.

Joe1234

Reaction score
Thank You for your replies. The problem is that the stop of concern on the hot inlet side is turned to the full on position and only a very small flow of hot water is available. Almost as if something is broken in the stem and may be blocking the inlet. I have compensated for this low flow, to get a decent water temperature by reducing the flow using the stop on the cold inlet. This has made the overall flow from the outlet a reasonable temperature but almost unacceptable for filling the tub and for showering. I am thinking that I might just remove the stop and try to repair it. It might also be that if a part of the stem has broken I may be able to remove the blockage. Any advice on this approach is appreciated.

Thank You,
Joe

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks