Single to double sink vanity - two P Traps with two AAV?

Users who are viewing this thread

processengr

Reaction score
Hi!
I have read posts/lurked in this forum for years, getting good advice from Terry and HK (bought a Kohler Villager tub based on this forum) and others!
I have a question that I could not find discussed in the numerous posts about replacing a single sink lavatory with a double, and hacking the existing plumbing to work without opening the wall.
Double P traps into single are NG- siphoning. Two waste arms into single P trap- lots of untrapped area can form foul odors.
How about two P traps/ one per sink, AAV valve for each trap, then into the single drain?
I know AAV are not allowed everywhere, but, they are allowed in many places.
What am I missing?

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
What type of vent do you have for the single sink? Are you sure it is not vented out the roof or is there an existing AAV? How far apart will the double sinks be and what type of cabinet will they be located in, is there a lot of space, fall etc?

processengr

Reaction score
There is an existing roof vent house was built to code 1981 it is a single drain behind a nicely tiled wall I don't want to open up the wall the vanity is a 60 inch 33 inches between sinks drawers in the center about 6 inches clearance behind the drawers

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks