Brine discharge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Afireinside

Reaction score
Been in our house 3 years and the old non working softner discharge is a flex line that runs into our septic drain stack. So when we had a new unit installed (local MI compay Lakeland water) they just reused the old line. Talking to a guy at my work and he reccomended getting that out of the septic field preventing effecting the biology moving it into the sump well. Is the brine bad for septic? Will it damage or wear out my sump? Any ideas?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Lakeland Water is a great company and they are well versed in Septic system drainage. Not a problem as long as the system is set properly and efficiently.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most county environmental health departments do not recommend discharging water softener backwash into a septic system.

Footing drains, roof drains, storm water pipes, and water softening waste should not be connected to sewage systems. These items should discharge away from the drainfield area, and in a manner that does not impact neighboring property.
http://www.livgov.com/health/eh/Pages/septicbasics.aspx

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks