Vaillant GA92-100 Problem, driving me crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Chrisnbig

Reaction score
I have a Vaillant GA92-100. It likes to turn on and off all the time, it heats the house and runs fine sometimes, but when it starts to turn itself on and off it does it up to 10-15 times in one minute.

So far I've done about everything I can think of and I am going crazy because I keep spending money and no results (Granted I have spent less than having a pro come trouble shoot)

I've replaced:
S8610u Ignition Control
The flame ignitor assembly (built in flame detector)
New Aquastat box
New thermostat (mainly because I just wanted a new one)
Checked most of all the wiring cant think of any other wiring to check.
I checked voltage on the gas valve that seemed normal
I jumped the t-tv to cancel out any bad thermostat wiring.

All to no avail, Its a long shot but maybe someone here might have a idea?
Here is a video of it doing what it does:
Thanks in advance.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
How about the stack overheat switch, incoming gas pressure, aquastat differential, does the unit have Taco zone valves?

Chrisnbig

Reaction score
How about the stack overheat switch, incoming gas pressure, aquastat differential, does the unit have Taco zone valves?
There is no zone valves, I haven't checked the stack over heat switch, is that the one that would need to be manually reset in order for it to fire back up? I'm just assuming gas pressure is ok. None of my other appliances have any problems, when its not having this problem the boiler runs great.

The aquastat I put in was set up how ever it came from the factory, High limit was 180*, don't know what low was. But if there is call for heat it turns back on at 160*..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks