hydronic heat changes in bathroom reno

Users who are viewing this thread

Mainer_Portland

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply Tom!

Do you think just one Monoflow on the return side (which would be higher than the supply tee) will do the trick or would you recommend a Monoflow on both the supply and return to direct more flow into the towel warmer?

I may not have mentioned this in my first post, but because this will be a finished basement, the mains are running along the ceiling so the water will have to go down to each of the two baseboards in this loop; however, the water will be traveling upward as it hits the supply tee for the towel warmer...

If you don't mind, I have one other question... Any thoughts on the distance I should place between the supply and return tees for the warmer? I was looking for information on how to estimate or calculate an answer for something like a kick space heater and the rule of thumb (for baseboard and similar style radiators, etc.) seem to be spacing the tees as far apart as the length of the radiator... Any suggestions / ideas on a towel warmer / kick space or other similar application? I have no idea what the effective "length" of a towel warmer would be...

Thanks again and take care!

Steve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks