What Calcium Buildup Cleaner is Safe to Use on Toto Nano-Finish Toilets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Hubbard

Reaction score
What Calcium Buildup Cleaner is Safe to Use on Toto Nano-Finish Toilets?

I had two Toto Soiree's installed a few years ago (love them, by the way), and I usually clean them with a sponge and water, using friction to remove any deposits of moldy spots, etc. However, over time they have developed rings of calcium build-up that I would like to remove. I'm concerned that a harsh product such as CLR will damage the nano-finish and just make things worse over time. Any suggestions or experience with safer cleaners for these toilets? Thank you in advance for your help with this.

Mark H.

Reach4

Reaction score
https://www.totousa.com/product-faqs says
What’s the safest way to remove hard water stains from my CEFIONTECT (CeFiONtect) product?
The tips below are for any TOTO china product (including CEFIONTECT):

Hard water marks are composed of minerals from the water supply. They will not dissolve using bleach or detergents. It takes a slightly acidic cleaner like vinegar or a lime dissolving cleaner to remove the minerals. Neither of these cleaners will harm the CEFIONTECT finish.

You can use vinegar or lime dissolving cleaner and a non-scratch scour pad made for porcelain. Allow a little contact time to allow the cleaner to dissolve the buildup.

If the stain at the waterline in your toilet bowl persists, you may need to remove some water from the bowl. Then reapply the vinegar or lime dissolving cleaner at full strength. Removing the water prevents the solution from being diluted.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Hubbard

Reaction score
Thank you very much! I'll start with white vinegar and move up in acidity from there if needed. I appreciate your patience and quick response to my beginner's question.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks