Guinevere BAD Reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Maemer

Reaction score
Okay...I'm in a dilemma...I had researched toilets...I had gone to see them in person...up close & personal....decided on the Soiree until I saw it beside Guinevere...now I've been reading many horrible reviews about TOTO toilets and how the flapper does not raise vertically (plumb) ...kinda moves to the right which in turn allows water to leak...and how if you do a Quick pull vs a longer pull results in more water for solids BUT...the quick pull results in the leak.
AND to make matters worse, they are saying the Sanigloss coating is NOT WORTH the $$$$. They say that it causes remains to Stick above & below the water line...and that they have to do a 2nd flush and brush....I was under the impression that the Sanigloss was like Teflon...hey, maybe they should coat the insides with Teflon...
Anyway, I'm back to square 1....with a new note pad...looking for the perfect toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have sold a few hundred of the Guinevere and Soriee combination.
You can find a negative review on anything. Most of the complaints are because they expect a self cleaning bowl for the amount of money they have spent. That doesn't happen. You still, like any bowl have to clean sometimes. Spending more doesn't buy maid service. Paying for maid service gets you maid service.

The vast majority of my Guievere and Soiree customers love them. :)
But when someone loves a product, they respond by purchasing more, not writing how unhappy they are. My customers have been voting with their checkbooks. :)

ms874_log_cabin.jpg

Last edited:

Maemer

Reaction score
I am so happy to hear your response...it makes me feel better about my choice. Thanks, Terry.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Let me second Terry.

You want a great looking toilet that clears the waste reliably and has straighforward internal parts that are widely-available at a reasonable price locally and online, get the Toto. What you heard about the flappers is total BS. Toilets have been using flappers in this design for decades, and when properly installed, they work reliably for years and then take less than a minute to replace. One of the biggest beefs I see on here is from people who try to replace the rubber seals on the newfangled flush mechanisms on AS, Kohler, Mansfield, etc. It's a PITA, and parts are not as readily available.

There's a reason that Toto is one of the largest sanitaryware manufacturers in the world -- and in Japan, where they expect stuff to work properly every time.

ms974_02.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are Toto toilets that have valves designed for dual flushing, but unless it actually has two settings and was designed for it, there is only one reliable way to make the toilet work...press the lever fully, and release. Flicking it can sometimes, with practice maybe effect a partial flush. Holding the handle down until the tank empties is 99.9% of the time, a waste of water, but all new (well, nearly all) toilets do not dump all of the water in the tank with each flush...they use the height of the water to help provide some more pressure like a water tower, and shut off the flush before it all empties.

If the fill level is set properly (almost always it comes that way from the factory), and you flush as designed, I've found maybe once or twice a year, a second flush may be required. Now, using a non-standard flapper valve or replacing the fill valve and not adjusting things properly (not all can be adjusted properly-they have to be made for the Toto in question).

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Here's a tip:

When doing your business sit with your back straight. If you lean forward in the seat you may be aiming your sphincter backwards towards the back of the bowl.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks