Can I continue with the flux I put on the pipe yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

lmei007

Reaction score
I got ready some copper pipe joints with flux yesterday but I didn't get a chance to solder them. Can I continue to solder them or I have to clean them up and redo the flux? The flux is the Oatey #95 Tinning Flux.
thanks

Last edited:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I am not familiar with that flux, but some brands will cause rapid oxidation and needs to be soldered within minutes of applying. I would pull apart a joint and inspect it.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I got ready some copper pipe joints with flux yesterday but I didn't get a chance to solder them. Can I continue to solder them or I have to clean them up and redo the flux? The flux is the Oatey #95 Tinning Flux.
thanks
You can, I wouldn't. And by the time you logged in here and typed this message, you could have had them all re-fluxed

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Clean, flux, solder one joint at a time. Don't try to somehow save time by cleaning and fluxing ahead.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks