What fits on a Gerber Maxwell bowl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nikoparis

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a little question about my toilet tank, i have a Gerber 28-490 Tank 1.6GPF, but i can't find it on the Internet. So can i buy any tank or do I need the same model ? I saw many tank at HomeDepot but i don't know if i can use them.

Thanks for your help.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Go to this wonderful place called Google, and put in "Gerber 28-490". There are a bunch of sources that will come up. Or call any local plumbing supply place (open the yellow pages to Plumbing Supply) and ask for a price on the 28-490 tank in the color you want. They can get it.

The answer is generally "No, you can't just use any tank." Some tanks will fit more than one toilet, but you generally can't just go buy any tank the way you fairly-often can buy any elongated seat or any round seat.

Nikoparis

Reaction score
Thank you for you fast answer. I tried Google but i was not sure about the websites. Is cheaptoilettanklids website safe ? I have no experience about plumbery.
Yes I didn't think about it, i'm new in the USA so i need some time to understand everything here.

I understand, well i will try to find my tank or ask at Home Depot what will fit the best.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Gerber 28-490 tank fits on the Gerber Maxwell bowl.
Home Depot will have no idea what works on your bowl.
Unless you pick up an entire toilet there, it's a wasted trip.

Nikoparis

Reaction score
Yes exactly it is a Gerber Maxwell bowl.
I have to find the same tank so, i will try plumbing supply shop. I wished i could use a Kholer or American Standard that are easier to find.
Thank you for your advices, no wasted time !

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Kohler tanks have 3 bolts, so they obviously would NOT work. There are three dimensions on the tank that have to be the same as yours in order to interchange. They are;
1. the distance between the bolts
2. The distance from the bolts to the rear of the tank, and
3. The distance from the bolts to the front of the tank

Reach4

Reaction score
Go to this wonderful place called Google, and put in "Gerber 28-490".
Or go to an auction site and plug that same thing into a search.

A new toilet is probably less work and not that much more money.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks