Burnham Alpine Annual Maintenance

Users who are viewing this thread

paulba

Reaction score
Hi, I have an Alpine 105 installed and was wondering if others have done the annual maintenance themselves, and if so do they know of any youtube videos that show the process. I looked at the process in the manual and it doesn't look that difficult; but the instructions as usual all state only a licensed contractor should do the annual maintenance. My local contractor is is asking for $500 + for the annual maintenance. Also, what are some of the parts that would normally be replaced ?
Thanks,
Paul

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
On an annual basis almost nothing needs replacing- a three year maintenance schedule rather than annually is usually going to be just fine with most gas-burners.

FWIW: The ALP105 is oversized for at least 95% of the houses in the US, and probably 99% of the houses in California. Hopefully you don't have the place micro-zoned to the N-th degree, and has sufficient radiation on each zone to be able to run it at condensing temps (or enough thermal mass to compensate for it) without short cycling. Seems like most of the Alpine series I've seen or read about are -105s, and 100% of those were oversized for their loads, and most have short-cycling issues as a consequence of being oversized for the zone radiation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks