Outdoor Faucet....Can't Get A Good Seal

Users who are viewing this thread

wee-haggis

Reaction score
Today I attempted (for the first time) to use an outdoor water faucet in ny back yard.
When I attached the hose the water sprayed all over the place.
I changed the washer and tried again. Still no good...it was sparying out from the top of the connection. On closer inspection I noticed it was a different type of faucet than what I'm used to.
I've attached an image,
Can anyone help.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

NPMSTR

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.prier.com
This appears to be an Arrowhead Brass hydrant. The diaphragm inside of the vacuum breaker has probably broken, that or your getting leakage from the drain port at the bottom of the valve (that has the drip in your postage image). Arrowhead should have repair kits for each of these, I think they are at arrowheadbrass.com. Good luck.

KJ1

Reaction score
I have the same type of faucet but mine drips from the little holes around the connection. How do I get this to stop?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You replace or rebuild the vacuum breaker, but it has a special thread so you need one from the manufacturer, not one of the universal ones at the hardware store.

arrowhead-bk1390.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks