Toto - need help narrowing down the field

Users who are viewing this thread

John7

Reaction score
Hi

We have a house under construction and will eventually need 3 toilets. I'd like to get one installed soon!

Within the Toto line we are looking for the following features:
- 14-15" height (not newer "tall" height).
- Elongated bowl.
- White (or very near white).
- CEFIONTECT.
- Matching washlet available.
- any other features that would help keep it clean (cyclone vs. washdown etc).

If you could suggest 2 or 3 models that would really be helpful. I've read lots of stuff on your site but the "regular height" is an issue for my petite wife.....

Also, Toto's website only lets you filter for ADA height, not visa-versa.

Thanks

John

John7

Reaction score

John7

Reaction score
Something like the Drake with CEFIONTECT
CST744SG-01
CST744EG-01
14-58/8" bowl height
Elongated
CEFIONTECT
It's the only one they have the meets all of that.
The double cyclone is 16-1/8" high.

And paired with a TOTO Washlet in Cotton for a better color match
http://terrylove.biz/home/105-toto-b200-washlet.html

http://terrylove.biz/12-bidet

Ok, so some post installation observations:
1. Flushing seems to only use about 1/3 of the tank of water. Is the flapper supposed to "float" and the tank completely drain or is that it? (I can hold the level and get a full tank flush if I really wanted to).
2. Careful assembly of the tank to the bowl, and the "three points of contact" and I end up with the tank about 1/4" rotated out of alignment with the bowl. Is there really that much play in the tank bolts? Presumably I can loosen them and align the tank better and retighten.
3. Plenty of gap between the tank (1.28 gallon) and the wall. It would seem even 11" rough is quite doable.

Otherwise a good experience. Seems to work well.

John

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
It should use about 1/3 to 1/2 of the tank on the flush. The weight of the unused water adds velocity to the flush. This is typical of most effective low-water-consumption toilets. It should not empty. Here's a video of a typical (correct) Drake flush:

You are correct that the original Drake can fit on 11". My tank is pretty level and in alignment, but it took a couple of tries the first time I did one. After that it was cake.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks