stacked bath.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 370

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The lav will wet vent the toilet. In the US, that's done with 2" as long as their is a composite 3" out the roof. That would be two 2" vents and one 1.5" vent. The kitchen sink location is normally the 1.5" vent.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
The lav will wet vent the toilet. In the US, that's done with 2" as long as their is a composite 3" out the roof. That would be two 2" vents and one 1.5" vent. The kitchen sink location is normally the 1.5" vent.
I just tee'd the 2" pipes together and one through the roof, i heard in large cities that 2" isnt enough and it sucks p traps dry..... and kitchen sink is on other side of building, theres 2 sewer outlets

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I just tee'd the 2" pipes together and one through the roof, i heard in large cities that 2" isnt enough and it sucks p traps dry..... and kitchen sink is on other side of building, theres 2 sewer outlets

In Washington State I can vent three bathroom groups with 2"

This is two bathroom groups done with 2"

dwv_b2.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
In at least some cold areas, there is a requirement for bigger pipes through the roof. I think this may be to allow for a coating of ice inside of the pipe that would reduce the effective diameter.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In at least some cold areas, there is a requirement for bigger pipes through the roof. I think this may be to allow for a coating of ice inside of the pipe that would reduce the effective diameter.

And that would be "through" the roof, not before.
On the West side of the Cascades, they don't make us do that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks