Jetted tub in master- jets aren't working

Users who are viewing this thread

Jankarle

Reaction score
Hi-
We recently moved into a house (15 yrs old). There is a Lasco jetted tub in master. We turned it on and black gunk came out of jets into water. We were told to try CLR, no luck. We then were told to try 1/2 c of bleach, no luck. We then took off each jet cover & filter cover and got gunk off of each. We put covers back on and now jets do not work. The motor turns on, but no water is being sucked into filter or out of jets. Could anyone offer advice? Thank you!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Cleaning and maintenance of a jetted tub is one reason why I don't like them! Each manufacturer has their own scheme on how best to clean and maintain them. It often calls for monthly use of some potent chemicals. Failure to do that can lead to what you are seeing. I'd first call the company, see what they recommend for cleaning, then try that. Keep in mind that before you turn the pump on, make sure you have at least the amount of water in the tub they call for or you will quickly ruin the pump. Not sure if the CLR was a good thing or not, but is one thing I would ask them when you call.

Jankarle

Reaction score
Cleaning and maintenance of a jetted tub is one reason why I don't like them! Each manufacturer has their own scheme on how best to clean and maintain them. It often calls for monthly use of some potent chemicals. Failure to do that can lead to what you are seeing. I'd first call the company, see what they recommend for cleaning, then try that. Keep in mind that before you turn the pump on, make sure you have at least the amount of water in the tub they call for or you will quickly ruin the pump. Not sure if the CLR was a good thing or not, but is one thing I would ask them when you call.
Thank you! I should have called them first. I am a little concerned about the CLR thing, but was told by a bath rep to try it.. It is some pretty strong stuff. Thanks for your reply!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF the water is above the pump's inlet screen and the pump is not broken, it HAS to circulate water when it is turned on. You seem to have an "odd" condition and we would have to be there to see what is actually happening.

Jankarle

Reaction score
IF the water is above the pump's inlet screen and the pump is not broken, it HAS to circulate water when it is turned on. You seem to have an "odd" condition and we would have to be there to see what is actually happening.
Hmm, wondering if there are pump issues then. It turns on. I was also wondering if the airflow switch stopped engaging. When i push the switch in (plastic white), it does not feel the same- as if something is not clicking. Thanks for your reply!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks