Painting Your Homes Sub Floor White

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Painting%2BSub%2BFloor%2BWhite.jpg

Here is a peak at my new Kitchen Floor. Well - it's not new. It's nearly four years old. In this time I have not found the time to install the oak flooring. I keep meaning to but some new reno or fun job always pops up and I bump my wife's kitchen floor job for a new bathroom renovation.

My wife wanted it painted. I think my buddy helped convince her. So once that was decided it was only a little TSP loving on the old plywood and a couple good coats of deck and porch paint.

What a difference! I might have another four year window now to finish these floors! LOL

Maybe I should install the crown in the kitchen next weekend?

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A friend of mine told me that when he does a "restoration" project he tries to do it to the "20 foot rule", namely that a viewer standing 20 feet away will not notice the repair work. Your floor may conform to the "20 foot rule".

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
We did a job a few years ago that the homeowner wanted here floors (OAK) painted white. The flooring guy was so pissed off that he could not stain and varnish them. In the end they looked a little like this.

3228198345_0b6c65b7b2_b.jpg

0960c132d872.png

bad500-3.jpg

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Painting%2BSub%2BFloor%2BWhite%2BCloverdale.jpg

We used this paint to paint the floors. I think we put it on too thick since after a good week it's still a little sticky.

My wife said the other day the floor is harder to keep clean now. It's not really. It's harder to keep looking clean!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks