My 29 year old Gerber has moved on...

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up. Sounds like a job well done. Sometimes it does take a little work to get the tank to *almost* touch all three points of contact (or *just* touch, no more). Once you get it there, however, you should have a nice solid non-wobbly tank. When we hear people complain that the plumber left and the tank is wobbly, we know it's just that the person didn't take the time to get it nice and level and solid. Glad you are happy with the build and flush; the three Totos in our house get a good deal of use (indeed, I discovered after putting one of the Drakes in that absolutely everyone uses that bathroom, something I didn't previously recognize), and they continue to earn their reputation.

My inclination is to say that if it's in nice and solidly, and you're happy with it, then I would leave it and deal with the flange issue if and when it arises in a few years down the road. (Unless, of course, it looks like it's going to give way at any moment...)

I'm looking forward to your follow up.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks