Kitchen Swivel Spout Chrome

Users who are viewing this thread

Viewer

Reaction score
We have a double sink in the kitchen.

The spout that swivels has standard hot and cold taps fixed on the sink.

About twice a year, the chrome plated swivel faucet that you move to direct the water into either bowl, ends up busting.

The chrome swivel screws down onto the sink to fix it in place, and there is then the spout, that has a couple of o-rings holding it in place in the base unit...there isa lways a little "breather type hole" in this fitting.

Our swivels always pop up where these o-rings are, resulting in the swizel popping off, and water going up in the air like a fountain!

Is there something that causes this to happen, as when I look at the o-rings, they always look ok, not worn, but when I put new o-rings on anyhow, the pressure always makes the two come apart. To the best of my knowledge, where the little hole is on the directional part, there wasn't a screw or anything to put there when I screwed the latest in place.

What causes this to happen, and what should I do to minimise this happening over n over again?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
..., and what should I do to minimise this happening over n over again?
The easy way, and maybe the cheaper way, would be to replace the whole faucet assembly. This presumes you don't have a special attraction to the current faucet.

Viewer

Reaction score
Thanks...we do replace the whole unit by unscrewing the screwed fixture from the sink, and fit complete new one's, but as stated, they break again in the middle where the o-rings are, it let's water come out in that area, and the pressure,if turned on harder blows the top section off,causing a fountain.

Maybe our water is the problem, but I don't know if always pulling the thing apart would be a good idea or not, and greasing the o-rings?

Viewer

Reaction score
Well, bought the whole fitting again and have installed it today...exactly the same as the one shown in the original picture.

Thanks all...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks