CEFIONTECT worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

redcoat

Reaction score
Looking at buying a Toto Drake to replace a terrible builder-installed toilet.

Is CEFIONTECT worth the extra money?

cheers

David

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
We have a couple of the basic Drakes without CEFIONTECT, as well as a Carlyle II, which comes with it standard. The CEFIONTECT does help, but I don't find the non-CEFIONTECT toilets to be a problem in any way. We clean them no more frequently than any other toilet in the house. If I wanted the ADA or Universal Height, I would step up to the Drake II, because for only a little more than the original Drake with ADA height, it has the CEFIONTECT and the double-cyclone bowl rinse as standard equipment. However, if I were looking, as I was, for an economical toilet with great quality and a great flush, I would probably just buy the basic model Drake. That said, I don't know anyone who owns a CEFIONTECT toilet that has said that they wish that they didn't buy the one with CEFIONTECT.

Our first non-CEFIONTECT Drake went into a half-bath at the top of the stairs between the junk room and a home office. This isn't a bathroom that guests use, and it's relatively-utilitarian compared to the others, so I focused on the Drake as being a good value with excellent performance. It replaced an old water hog that would get clogged more often than I liked. When I installed it, I was very-pleased with its fit, finish and appearance. What I didn't realize at the time was that this bathroom turns out to be used regularly by everyone in the house because of its convenient location near the kitchen and dining area, even if it is upstairs. In fact, I subsequently realized that this is actually the most-frequently-used toilet in the house. By a mile. The Drake has performed very, very reliably in that role for about two years, everybody likes it, and it still looks great. It has saved a lot of water.

Let us know what you choose and how you like it. I'm guessing that you are going to love your Drake after dealing with a builder-grade toilet.

Last edited:

redcoat

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

We are planning to get ADA height - the basic Drake is available in ADA, right?

I'm fearful that the Drake II is noisy?

cheers

David

We have a couple of the basic Drakes without CEFIONTECT, as well as a Carlyle II, which comes with it standard. The CEFIONTECT does help, but I don't find the non-CEFIONTECT toilets to be a problem in any way. We clean them no more frequently than any other toilet in the house. If I wanted the ADA or Universal Height, I would step up to the Drake II, because for only a little more than the original Drake with ADA height, it has the CEFIONTECT and the double-cyclone bowl rinse as standard equipment. However, if I were looking, as I was, for an economical toilet with great quality and a great flush, I would probably just buy the basic model Drake. That said, I don't know anyone who owns a CEFIONTECT toilet that has said that they wish that they didn't buy the one with CEFIONTECT.

Our first non-CEFIONTECT Drake went into a half-bath at the top of the stairs between the junk room and a home office. This isn't a bathroom that guests use, and it's relatively-utilitarian compared to the others, so I focused on the Drake as being a good value with excellent performance. It replaced an old water hog that would get clogged more often than I liked. When I installed it, I was very-pleased with its fit, finish and appearance. What I didn't realize at the time was that this bathroom turns out to be used regularly by everyone in the house because of its convenient location near the kitchen and dining area, even if it is upstairs. In fact, I subsequently realized that this is actually the most-frequently-used toilet in the house. By a mile. The Drake has performed very, very reliably in that role for about two years, everybody likes it, and it still looks great. It has saved a lot of water.

Let us know what you choose and how you like it. I'm guessing that you are going to love your Drake after dealing with a builder-grade toilet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The flush action on any of the gravity flush toilets today is so quick, whatever noise it does make is (IMHO) not annoying. Now, a pressure assisted toilet, that's a different story! To get a good flush with a little water, they always end up with a little gulp at the end as the suction is broken. There are some videos of the various Drakes...I do not think the Drake II is noisy, but everyone's perception is different. It does have better bowl wash.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake II is a good product. It comes with CEFIONTECT, and is fairly quiet.
It's a taller bowl, and has the double cyclone rinsing. Can't go wrong with that. :)

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The Original Drake comes in an ADA height, elongated bowl version that fits on a standard 12" rough-in. CST744EL. The Drake II is Universal Height (basically ADA), with CEFIONTECT and the double-cyclone flush. CST454CEFG. It's going to be about 20-25% more expensive than the original Drake ADA.

I wouldn't be concerned in the least about noise from the Drake II. The double-cyclone flush is no louder than the Original Drake's flush, at least to my ear, and we have both flushes. Double cyclone is just a different route that the water takes though the bowl. The guts in the tank are basically-identical among the two (when comparing the 1.28 gallon-per-flush versions of both toilets).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks