Newbie needs answers

Users who are viewing this thread

emomoney

Reaction score
Greetings. I have recently purchased my first property that has a well and not city water. I know what each of these are (please see attached image), but I'm confused about how the middle tank actually is supposed to work. I swear when we first bought the property, the tank was pretty full, not it's just about empty. Is this tank supposed to be filled at all times or not? I don't seem to be having any issues. I have plenty of pressure, etc. I appreciate any assistance.

Attachments

• IMAG0536.jpg
    IMAG0536.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 360

Reach4

Reaction score
Smell the tank contents. It might be a chlorine bleach solution. I see some directions posted on the wall behind that tank. I see some papers on top of what looks like a softener. Do either have relevant information?

Can you ask the old owner? Also, check the equipment for stickers. Maybe the person who put the sticker there will share some information.

emomoney

Reaction score
Yeah, all the papers refer to the Kenmore Water Softener on the left. That is working fine. The middle tank is a bit of a mystery to me. I don't smell any chlorine in that tank. Not sure how to get a hold of the previous owner at this point.

Reach4

Reaction score
On the top of that solution tank is a blue thing that I expect is a pump. Check it for labels.

That pump may be electrically powered on whenever the pump runs. It may be powered differently.

Regarding contacting the previous owner or for possibly some information on the treatment, I suggest that you ask your new neighbors. If you have not met them yet, this would be good time. Give them your phone number and an email address.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'd bet that you have a neutralizer and there is a soda ash solution in the tank under the injection pump.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
That middle tank is what's called "dead roach depository". Look in there you'll see what I'll mean.

J/K...normally we see those used for chlorinators.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks