Can convertible pump ejector be mounted with short pieces of pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Trailrider

Reaction score
We have a convertible jet pump without the matching ejector body and would like to set it up for a shallow well application (was set up for deep well) and we have a deep well ejector body that will not bolt onto the pump housing.

Are there any detrimental effects to the performance of the pump if we added nipples to the pump and ejector housing and joined them with short pieces of pipe (6") to connect the pump housing to the ejector housing?

Appreciate any advice.

Trailrider

Reaction score
Ive never done it, but it should perform like any other shallow well jet pump.

Thanks, I have seen it done and figure it will still pump water.
Would anyone else happen to know if it would effect the output volume, or pressure?
Any downside?

Trailrider

Reaction score
Thanks, I have seen it done and figure it will still pump water.
Would anyone else happen to know if it would effect the output volume, or pressure?
Any downside?

Just as an FYI on the off chance that someone else might want to try this. It worked well enough to build 45 PSI and what seemed like adequate volume, when we installed the correct injector we were able to get 60 PSI with a much higher volume.

Thanks for the advise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks