Webmaster

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Why can't I edit a posting immediately after I send it if I think of something that was not said?
Why can't I send a second posting, since I cannot edit the first one, ?
Why is "new and improved" always a step down from the original?

Reach4

Reaction score
Why can't I edit a posting immediately after I send it if I think of something that was not said?
I can.

Edit, and I just did, attaching a screen snip.
huge3.PNG

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
good for you. Unless something has just changed, i have to wait a considerable time before the "edit" function works and I do not know how long it takes before a second posting can be added.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Why can't I send a second posting, since I cannot edit the first one, ?
Why is "new and improved" always a step down from the original?

The conversion was ackward when it came to settings. It didn't trasfer straight over.
I just went in and looked at box settings, and moved a few check marks. We're getting closer hj.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have discovered that when I try to add a posting, it does not put it in the string but just reverts to the "quick reply" no matter how many times i click "post reply", but when I come back to the string later ALL OF THOSE REPLIES are there as duplicates and they cannot be deleted.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have discovered that when I try to add a posting, it does not put it in the string but just reverts to the "quick reply" no matter how many times i click "post reply", but when I come back to the string later ALL OF THOSE REPLIES are there as duplicates and they cannot be deleted.

But have you checked that today?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Taylor added "recent posts" to the top menu. So now there is "new posts" and "recent posts"
Somehow it brings up a different listing. Between the two, it should help.

Also, logging in allows you to click the last date and see the last post. It took me a day to figure that one out.

Oh, and just, just added, "my posts"

Last edited:

Taylor Love

Taylor Love
Staff member
Administrator + Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
The old system was probably showing new posts as anything that was recent. The new system shows new posts as anything you haven't already read. To make it easier, I just added a couple of links to the navbar to differentiate the two post display options.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks