Recent content by Zorka

1. Zorka

Polybutylene Advice

Typically, do you make the truck to branch connections accessible or concealed?
  2. Zorka

Polybutylene Advice

Thanks again for the advice. I'm now at a time where I can deal with it and I intend on pulling out every inch of it. All of the horizontal runs I can get at through the floor of the fourth level or the ceiling of the basement. Apart from that, I will need to cut drywall to access the...
  3. Zorka

Air pressure test

Air is compressible and water is not (well, not significantly compared to air). If something fails under air pressure, 'stuff' (fittings, pipe segments, etc.) can get shot out at a high velocity. This is why pressure vessels are tested using pressurized liquid, not gas.
  4. Zorka

Polybutylene Advice

You are right Redwood, I'm sure there is always a 'good' way and a more destructive way of doing a repipe. Luckily (or by planning I guess) I'm doing the repipe before laying the hardwood, so floor access is easist right now. After taking a peek under the floor on the fourth (top) level, I...
  5. Zorka

Leak Detection System

Thanks for the replies. Yes, those appollo valves are exactly what I am looking for. In the past I have mounted an air cylinder to the handle of a regular ball valve and used the the leak sensor to trigger a pneumatic solenoid that fires the cylinder. Not the prettiest solution (need to...
  6. Zorka

Polybutylene Advice

Thank you very much to those who replied. I spent part of last weekend cutting parts of my subfloor open and tracing the polyb piping back to the manifold. I have traced all of the lines back to the manifold and (like turbocruiser said) it won't be too big of a deal to cut open the drywall in...
  7. Zorka

Leak Detection System

Hello, I'm in the process of re-plumbing the supply lines in my house. I will be incorporating leak detection sensors near all connection points as an extra level of defence against water damage (fitting leak, laundry hose leak, toilet tank leak, etc.). The sensors will feed back to a...
  8. Zorka

Polybutylene Advice

Thanks Cookie. Can anyone else chime in with some pex manifold/tubing recommendations? From my reading they all have their issues, but I'd prefer to go PEX than to tie into all of the PB that is existing, due to the inherent problems and limited selection/quality of fittings available.
  9. Zorka

bad ground & electricity charges?

No, electricty would not leak in the way that you described (i.e. on a continuous basis).
  10. Zorka

Polybutylene Advice

Thank you for the reply, Cookie. I will be limited to changing to PEX instead of copper since this is a retrofit and accessibility is not easy in certain areas. Having said that, do you have recommendations on any specific manufacturer for tubing as well as the manifold system? I will be...
  11. Zorka

Polybutylene Advice

Hello. I've been reading this forum for some time and am hoping to get some advice on my polybutylene plumbing. I bought a house in Canada that was built in 1992 and has polybutylene plumbing (with copper fittings and crimp rings, not the plastic ones that apparently have more problems)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks