Recent content by zootjeff

1. zootjeff

diy thermosiphon design question

So the only way this is going to work is if you put the storage tank above the collector, and the path of the cold water has to come out the bottom of the tank and flow down hill to the bottom of the collector before it starts to get heated. Then the hot water has to flow up hill the whole...
  2. zootjeff

Best way to mount Solar Hot water heater panels

I picked up three Colt Inc C-141C 3' by 8' solar collectors.. They are in good shape, but the brackets used to mount them to the roof were removed and not provided. What is the best way to attach these to the roof? Is there a way it can be done for material cost around 100 bucks or less? -Jeff
  3. zootjeff

Heat pump efficiency?

Agreed. I didn't want to pull that number out because I wanted to account for it. Instead I used a large bill where the usage is much much greater then the affects of flat fee customer charge.. Ideally my chart gets smarter and takes into account duty cycle and usage at a specific temperature...
  4. zootjeff

Heat pump efficiency?

A picture is worth a thousand words on this. Here is a post I put on a different forum.. I was curious how much my heat pump costs compared to Gas or resistive electric heat (space heaters, etc). So I decided to do something with the heating tables that came with my heatpump and coil. This...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks