Recent content by Zoomboy

1. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

Quick update. The "well-man" did honest effort to just replace components of the old well. Unfortunately, the age and consequent rust buildup caused break-up of inner parts, rendering removing old stuff impossible and frankly, impractical. We are drilling the NEW WELL!
  2. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

Thanks all of you. I am scheduled for Wednesday for replacement of the "guts". I know, this is gambling in small way, as I could still land with drilling completely new well. Need your opinion on my thoughts. When I shut the power going to the pump before leaving house for work, after coming...
  3. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

Not sure what that is about? I was under impression that at this forum, "amateur" like me can get advise from "pro" like you. ;) It appears that this it is my setup. 2" pipe which has 1" pipe inside. I am sure that I didn't brake that 1" pipe trying to pull it out. I was gentle with it. Jus...
  4. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

Another bummer, it appears that my outside well pipe is 4" at the top part and reduces to 2" in the ground.
  5. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

Do they have smaller diameter (3") submersible well pumps which could be dropped in 4" well? Would I need to dig out the pipe around in order to get to the pitless adapter?
  6. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

With great sadness I am abounding my project. The packer valve is inside that 4" iron pipe sticking from the ground outside. According to neighbors, that well was installed more than 30 years back. I called this morning well driller once again to ask for help with replacement of the packer jet...
  7. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

Hokey, I did assembly everything together before the night and right now pump can't reach 20PSI, so it looks like that wiggling of that small pipe inside the 3" pipe did something. Hope some "pro" would have time for me tomorrow :) Whiskey & stogie time. Until "maniana" :)
  8. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

Thanks. Can not resist and tried to undo the cup with 3' pipe wrench. Need other one to counter the pipe rotation. It is obvious now that the 4" pipe is threaded at the bottom. When I turned the cap it rotated with the pipe. I turned it clockwise and it stopped after 1/2 turn, like it get...
  9. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

LLigetfa, appreciate your continuos help. I'll do this tomorrow morning, need to buy big-a.. pipe wrench. Tried the "old school" punch&hammer, but cup didn't bulge. Thanks again.
  10. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

Well from the house is (from the point in the basement, where the 3" pipe goes in the wall) roughly 26' away. Well casing is 4". Cap is threaded on the top of that pipe. (thinking about this, I've mentioned that few times I did hear some hissing/air suction/ coming from under that cap when pump...
  11. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

:( It is no-go. I pulled the nipple from the pipe, but it stopped after the nipple separated from the pipe, roughly 4". Insight is that darn pipe holding everything together. I tried to gently twist and pull, but is not going well. I am afraid that if I brake anything I would ended up with...
  12. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

If that would be the case, can I revive (clean) it or it is a replacement part? Any idea where should I look for replacement if that would be the case?
  13. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

OK, it doesn't look to sweet. I've disassembled the jet from the pump and attempted to move it out from the wall hook-up. There is (plastic?) pipe attached to the and of the jet body and somehow loosely attached deep inside that plastic pipe in the wall. I am able to pull this out for 4" and...
  14. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

LLigetfa, appreciate your input. I'll do it today. Will post results. Anything else I should do, or tis is step-by-step process?
  15. Zoomboy

What Went Wrong

Are you referring to that cast iron device between pump and wall? Yes it is old. To clean should I take it off the assembly and flush with water or some chemicals. Any movable parts in it?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks